Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tooth Fairy pillows and baby first chuckles!

So our last post was about Dominic's pending loss of his first baby tooth... but nope, no tooth yet.  Despite that I had to prepare and finally made him a Tooth Fairy pillow.  Here's how it came out:
Here is the back.
Here is the front












I love it!  I got the idea from the At Home in the Northwest blog but changed it a little.  The instructions said to use felt and stuffing for the inside to make it a poofy pillow but I wanted to use all materials I already had in our house.  So, I used scraps from a recycled t-shirts (one white and another blue) that I had cut up to make upcycled t-shirt scarves. I also used buttons for the eyes.  I didn't have any stuffing for the pillow but had a BUNCH of matting left over from another project so I used 4 sheets of that. You can find the pattern for the tooth and pocket by clicking here.

You will need material for the tooth, filler (batting or stuffing), scissors, pattern, either buttons for the eyes or material for the eyes.  It also calls for pink material for cheeks but I elected not to do the pink and just sewed cheeks using the stitch.

I think it came out cute but more importantly Dominic loves it also!


Now we're just waiting for his tooth to fall out!

Dominic also started soccer lessons yesterday.. he was having fun until he and another boy ran into each other and face planted each other.


  
Dribbling.



Are we using our listening ears?
Kaylee is still having a really hard time with teething... she's having a hard time sleeping at nap time and seems so uncomfortable.  As each day goes by you can see a teeny bit more of her little tooth.  Lucky for Tim and I though she is still sleeping well at night.  She is sleeping about 6.5 hours going to sleep at 10:00 p.m. and only wakes once at night, usually about 4:30 a.m. She then goes back to sleep until about 7:30-8:00 a.m.  She also laughed for the first time last night!  She was getting ready for bed, me holding her in the rocking chair and Tim playing peek-a-boo with her and she laughed a little short chuckle to Tim's peek-a-boo!  The days have been a little warmer here and I am looking forward to taking the kids out in the sunshine!



No comments:

Post a Comment